Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation (NYSE: VAC) was recently recognized with five prominent industry awards at the American Resort Development Association (ARDA) Spring Conference 2021 in Orlando, Florida. Granted across several categories including professional excellence, outstanding sales and marketing, product design, advertising, and promotion, the awards recognize team or individual accomplishments during a year characterized by unexpected challenges and change.
The following Marriott Vacations Worldwide and Interval International teams, campaigns and associates were awarded for their excellence in the timeshare industry:
• Social Media Campaign (Covid-19 Related): “Little Inspirations” by Marriott Vacations Worldwide
• Owner/Customer Engagement or Communications Campaign: “Back-to-Travel” Video Series by Interval International
• Owner Customer Relations Team: Interval Member Services Team, Interval International
• Legal or Regulatory Team or Team Member: Trisha Wetmore
• Salesperson – Traditional Line: Michael Machanik
In addition to the above awards, Marriott Vacations Worldwide also acknowledges the impressive honors received by Welk Resorts. One of the largest independent timeshare companies in North America, Welk Resorts was acquired by Marriott Vacations Worldwide in April 2021.
• ACE Lifetime Achievement Award: Jon Fredricks, president & CEO, Welk Resorts
• ACE Excellence in Customer Service: The Welk CARES Program
• Activities Program Professional or Team: INSPIRED For You, Welk Resorts
About Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation
Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation is a leading global vacation company that offers vacation ownership, exchange, rental and resort and property management, along with related businesses, products and services. The company has nearly 120 resorts and over 700,000 Owners and Members in a diverse portfolio that includes seven vacation ownership brands. It also includes exchange networks and membership programs comprised of nearly 3,200 resorts in over 90 nations and over 1.7 million members, as well as management of more than 160 other resorts and lodging properties. As a leader and innovator in the vacation industry, the company upholds the highest standards of excellence in serving its customers, investors and associates while maintaining exclusive, long-term relationships with Marriott International, Inc. and Hyatt Hotels Corporation for the development, sales and marketing of vacation ownership products and services. For more information, please visit https://www.marriottvacationsworldwide.com/.