Miami, FL, January 23, 2020 – Interval International, a prominent worldwide provider of vacation services, and participating member resorts have donated $20,000 to the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association (CHTA) Education Foundation in 2019, bringing total contributions in support of education and professional development over the last 15 years to nearly half a million dollars. The check was presented during the annual Caribbean Travel Marketplace held recently in The Bahamas.
“We are very appreciative of our resort clients’ unwavering commitment to the education of Caribbean nationals. They have contributed to this worthy cause since we began our fundraising efforts and it is because of their ongoing support that we are able to continue to provide these annual donations,” said Neil Kolton, Interval’s director of business development for the Caribbean and Southeast U.S. and CHTA Education Foundation board member. “Together, we have had a positive impact on the region by helping to raise the bar of overall service levels.”
The CHTA Education Foundation provides scholarships to individuals pursuing higher education in the hospitality industry, as well as professional development workshops for resort staff members interested in advancing their careers.
“The financial support Interval and its member resorts have provided to the foundation directly benefits Caribbean students and tourism employees who want to further their education and enhance their on-the-job training,” said Karolin Troubetzkoy, CHTA Education Foundation chairman. “Their generous contributions have enabled many to realize their dreams of working in the Caribbean tourism and hospitality industry.”
The following participating member resorts contributed to the CHTA Education Foundation:
- Aruba – Caribbean Palm Village, Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, Costa Linda Beach Resort, La Cabana Beach Resort and Casino, La Quinta Beach Resort, Marriott’s Aruba Surf Club, Paradise Beach Villas, Playa Linda Beach Resort, and Eagle Aruba Resort & Casino
- Cayman Islands – Morritt’s Tortuga Club
- Curaçao – The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort
- Mexican Caribbean – Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort
- St. Lucia – Bay Gardens Beach Resort and Spa and Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
- St. Maarten – The Villas at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina
- St. Thomas – Marriott’s Frenchman’s Cove