FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Oct. 22, 2020 — The recent Vacation Survey conducted by leading travel agency franchise Dream Vacations revealed that there is an incredible pent up demand for travel, as a result of COVID-19, with nearly 95 percent of those surveyed planning on taking a vacation in 2020 or 2021. Approximately 1,500 people participated in the survey which took place in July and August 2020.
Key findings of people surveyed include:
- 95% want to take a vacation in 2020 or 2021
- 60% feel confident with the enhanced health and safety protocols proposed by the cruise lines
- 70% know and trust the value a travel agent provides
- 78% realize that travel agents provide additional exclusive perks in addition to the promotions offered by cruise lines and resorts
- 50% will go on a cruise for their next vacation, 18% will stay at a resort, and the remaining 32 percent have other plans
- 37% hope to go to the Caribbean; 21% plan on staying in the U.S.; and 15% are going to Europe for their next vacation, while the remaining 27% selected different destinations.
“As a travel agency, we conducted this survey to gain a better understanding of how COVID-19 has impacted consumers plans to take vacations going forward,” said Drew Daly, senior vice president and general manager of Dream Vacations. “Now more than ever before people are recognizing the value and expertise that working with a travel agent affords and our agents are prepared to best serve clients when the surge of travel resumes.”
Dream Vacations travel agents serve as advocates for their clients and educate them on what the new vacation experience entails as it relates to health and safety protocols, documents needed and more. They provide their professional expertise and personalized service to match the best vacation that will meet their client’s budgets yet exceed their expectations. In addition to selling cruise, all-inclusive resorts and tour vacations, Dream Vacations agents also have access to thousands of private villas around the world through a partnership with Villas of Distinction®.
For more information or to book a dream vacation, please visit http://www.DreamVacations.com or call 800-278-4736.
About Dream Vacations
Travel agents with the top-ranked home-based travel agency franchise Dream Vacations have the resources to plan and create seamless vacation experiences for their customers while offering the best value. A member of the International Franchise Association, Dream Vacations is part of World Travel Holdings and has received franchise partner of the year, a top-ranking status, by all the major cruise lines as well as national recognition for its support of military veterans. For more information about Dream Vacations, visit http://www.DreamVacations.com and follow on Facebook at http://www.Facebook.com/OfficialDreamVacations.