Interval International, and its participating member resorts, continued their support of the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) Foundation with a $20,000 donation. Neil Kolton, Interval’s director of resort sales and service for the Caribbean and Florida, made the presentation during the CTO State of the Tourism Industry Conference held recently in Barbados.
“This marks the 17th year that Interval and its resort partners have contributed to this Caribbean-based education initiative. During that time, we have donated more than $300,000 to the CTO Foundation for scholarships and grants,” said Kolton. “We continue to support this cause because education plays such an important role in achieving success.”
“The ongoing commitment provided by Interval and its member resorts is a lifeline for deserving students who may not otherwise have the opportunity to pursue higher education and advanced hospitality training,” said Jacqueline Johnson, chairman of the CTO Foundation.
Participating member resorts that participated in fundraising efforts include:
- Antigua – Tranquility Bay Antigua
- Aruba – Caribbean Palm Village Resort, Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort, La Cabana Beach Resort and Casino, La Quinta Beach Resort, Marriott’s Aruba Surf Club, Paradise Beach Villas, and Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
- Bahamas – Harborside at Atlantis
- Bermuda – The St. George’s Club
- Cayman Islands – Morritt’s Tortuga Club and Seven Mile Beach Resort
- Curacao – The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort
- Mexican Caribbean – Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort
- Puerto Rico – Aquarius Vacation Club® at Boquerón Beach, Aquarius Vacation Club® at Dorado del Mar, ESJ Towers, and Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar
- Lucia – Bay Gardens Beach Resort and Spa
- Maarten – Oyster Bay Beach Resort, The Villas at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, and The Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa
- Turks and Caicos – The Alexandra Resort and Spa
The CTO Foundation was created in 1997 as a not-for-profit corporation exclusively for charitable and educational purposes, with its first scholarships and study grants conferred in 1998. To date, the foundation has provided more than 250 scholarships and grants totaling nearly US$1 million to deserving Caribbean nationals pursuing tourism/hospitality studies at the certificate, diploma, associate degree or first degree, and post graduate levels, or industry professionals who want to gain proficiency in a second language or strengthen their skills in research or statistics.
About Interval International
Interval International operates membership programs for vacationers and provides value-added services to its developer clients worldwide. Based in Miami, Florida, the company has been a pioneer and innovator in serving the vacation ownership market since 1976. Today, Interval’s exchange network comprises approximately 3,000 resorts in more than 80 nations. Through offices in 15 countries, Interval offers high-quality products and benefits to resort clients and about 2 million families who are enrolled in various membership programs. Interval is an operating business of Interval Leisure Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: IILG), a leading global provider of professionally delivered vacation experiences.