Brings new hotels, retailers, restaurants to revitalize destination
“After a decade of planning and hard work, we’re thrilled to share the project is near completion and the line-up of tenants to date,” said Grit Development President Michael Braun. “Dozens of tenants will open this summer with the Kimpton Rowan Hotel officially opening to the public in September. We are on track for a full grand opening in Mid-November.”
West Elm opened as the first retailer in 2016 followed by Blaze Pizza March 24. New tenants include:
- Kimpton Rowan Hotel, boutique hotel with design-forward guestrooms and suites, restaurants with chef-driven seasonal fare and city’s only rooftop pool and bar.
- H&M, one of the world’s largest fashion retailers offering fashion-forward apparel at affordable prices in a sustainable way.
- Free People, a specialty clothing brand featuring the latest trends for women who live free through fashion, art, music, and travel.
- francesca’s, a boutique that offers an eclectic mix of carefully-curated clothing, bright baubles, bold accessories, and playful gifts that are as fun to give as they are to receive.
- Kiehl’s, a brand retailer that specializes in skin, hair and body care products.
- Tommy Bahama Restaurant and Bar, the island-inspired brand with stores and restaurants worldwide.
- Starbuck’s Reserve, an upscale version of the coffee chain.
- Stout Burgers & Beers, a simple, upscale neighborhood restaurant that offers gourmet burgers and a vast selection of artisanal draft and bottled beers.
- Il corso, a fine diner that offers genuine Italian hospitality, authentic Italian dishes including homemade pastas, gourmet wood oven pizza, seafood and roasted leg of veal.
“This line-up shows the quality and diversity of tenants to come,” added Braun. “Once complete, this project will put Palm Springs back on the map as a top destination. Visitors can enjoy staying at luxurious accommodations, shopping eclectic brands and dining at incredible restaurants — all within walking distance and surrounded by beautiful scenery and views few can match.”
About Grit Development
Grit Development, formerly known as Wessman Development, evolved to reflect the company’s new management following John Wessman’s formal retirement in February 2017. Michael Braun and Octavio Fernandez serve as the key leaders managing the Palm Springs downtown project and company’s future endeavors. Tom Noce recently joined Grit Development as the chief financial officer.
The company is committed to redefining spaces and developing projects to keep its partners ahead of the curve. Grit Development strives to deliver properties with unique, vibrant experiences that consistently elevate how people shop, vacation, live and work – now and into the future.
Visit gritpalmsprings.com for more information.