- GNEX Conference Announces David Stroeve as X-TALK Speaker - December 9, 2019
- Established Brazilian Developer Affiliates First Shared Ownership Property With Interval International - December 4, 2019
- Asonahores recognizes Alex Zozaya, Apple Leisure Group’s Executive Chairman, with the “Dominican Tourism Champion” Award - December 4, 2019
Wyndham Rewards®—the world’s most generous guest rewards program spanning more than 25,000 hotels, club resorts, condos and vacation rentals—today checked-in to Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, N.C., as it prepares to welcome tens of thousands of spectators to a vacation-themed week of fun, sun and giving back at the 79th annual Wyndham Championship.
Considered one of the most fan-friendly stops on the PGA TOUR, this year’s Wyndham Championship invites fans to escape for a tournament experience unlike any other. More than just championship golf, the Wyndham Championship is an escape from the everyday as fans and families are transported to a tropical oasis and invited to help raise funds for multiple local charities. From rock climbing and face painting with the kids to sipping drinks at Margaritaville and relaxing on a private beach, the tournament is a showcase of the best that Wyndham has to offer. Plus, every fan has the chance to experience “Key to Wyn,” where one swipe of a key card could unlock the door to any of thousands of prizes, from flat-screen TVs and coffee makers, to free nights at Wyndham Rewards destinations around the globe.
Two Distinct Travel Portfolios, One Amazing Rewards Program
While Wyndham has been the proud sponsor of the tournament since 2007, this marks the first year that Wyndham Rewards has assumed the role of title sponsor following the split of Wyndham Worldwide into two separate public companies earlier this year: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest hotel franchise company, and Wyndham Destinations, the world’s largest vacation ownership and exchange company and North America’s largest professionally managed rental business. As both companies begin this exciting new chapter, they remain connected by a shared history and by Wyndham Rewards, the award-winning guest rewards program spanning both companies’ travel portfolios.
“Throughout the world, Wyndham Rewards has become known for its unmatched generosity and for championing the everyday traveler,” said Eliot Hamlisch, leader of the Wyndham Rewards program. “Those values stay top of mind here at Sedgefield, where we’re delighted to not only share with fans a one-of-a-kind tournament experience, but join them in giving back to this amazing community that helps make the Wyndham Championship possible year after year. To them, we say—You’ve Earned This!”
Wyndham Championship Fore! Good
Creating a positive impact in the community has always been a central focus of the Wyndham Championship, and Wyndham Championship Fore! Good is the signature philanthropic platform that enables the tournament to give back to those in the Piedmont Triad. Whether inspiring the next generation through education, supporting community development, or helping preserve our natural resources, the Wyndham Championship’s local impact is “Fore! Good.”
This year, Wyndham will host a silent auction featuring exciting items and once-in-a-lifetime experiences with net proceeds benefiting a host of local and regional Wyndham Championship Fore! Good charitable partners, including Birdies Fore Backpacks, The First Tee of the Triad, The Paul Tesori Foundation, The Kevin Harvick Foundation and The American Junior Golf Association, among others. Items up for auction include a total of 12 vacation packages to exciting destinations like Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort in Hawaii, Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach in Clearwater, Fla. and Dolce Silverado Resort and Spa in Napa, Calif. as well as exciting experiences with Caesars Entertainment and Roush Fenway Racing.
Other philanthropic efforts associated with the tournament include:
- Youth and Education – Through “Birdies Fore Backpacks,” Wyndham Rewards works with local organizations—Backpack Beginnings, Forsyth Backpacks, Out of the Garden Project and United Way of Greater High Point—to help feed children from low income families around the Piedmont Triad. Backpacks are packed with nutritionally sound meals, which families take home every weekend. Since its creation in 2014, the program has provided more than 430,000 meals to thousands of local families.
- Community Development – In partnership with Habitat for Humanity of Greater Greensboro, Wyndham Rewards will, for a third consecutive year, donate the housing structure from its popular “Key to Wyn” attraction at the tournament to a deserving local family. Following the tournament, the structure will be disassembled, moved to its new location and rebuilt into a safe, affordable home for a local Greensboro family.
- Environmental Sustainability – Highlighting its commitment to preserving our natural resources, Wyndham Rewards is proud to partner with the Sedgefield Country Club as the home of the Wyndham Championship. Under the management of McConnell Golf, the historic course has taken significant steps in recent years to save energy and improve its sustainability efforts, including upgraded, energy efficient lighting and new, water efficient fixtures. In addition, Sedgefield Country Club is applying for the Audubon education and certification program to protect the valuable, natural areas and wildlife habitats that golf courses provide while improving efficiencies and minimizing the impact of golf course operations.
Wyndham Rewards and the Wyndham family of brands remain committed to the Wyndham Championship through 2026. To learn more, or to book tickets, visit www.wyndhamchampionship.com.
About Wyndham Rewards
Named a best travel rewards program for the past four consecutive years by U.S. News and World Report, Wyndham Rewards® is the world’s most generous loyalty program offering members a simple earning structure of a guaranteed 1,000 points for every qualified stay, along with a flat, free night redemption rate of just 15,000 points per room per night – the first of its kind for a major rewards program. Wyndham Rewards members can enjoy the benefits of the program at nearly 9,000 Wyndham Hotels & Resorts properties, as well as thousands of homes and condos in partnership with Wyndham Destinations. Join for free today at www.wyndhamrewards.com. You’ve earned this.®
About the Wyndham Championship
Contested annually on the Donald Ross-designed course at Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, N.C., the Wyndham Championship was founded in 1938 and is the sixth-oldest event on the PGA TOUR excluding the Majors. Tickets are available at http://www.wyndhamchampionship.com or through the tournament office at (336) 379-1570. The tournament thanks title sponsor Wyndham Rewards, presenting sponsor BB&T and Premier Partners, Cadillac, Harris Teeter, Lincoln Financial, McConnell Golf, Sunbrella® and VF Corporation for their continued support. Additional tournament information and sponsorship information are available at www.wyndhamchampionship.com. Stay connected with the Wyndham Championship through its social media channels, including the Wyndham Championship Facebook page, Twitter, and Instagram.