March 9, 2017 – The Market at Quivira, a unique culinary concept unlike any other in Los Cabos, has been unveiled at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort and has quickly established itself as a popular “foodie” destination.
Inspired by modern food halls found in major U.S. and European cities, including the Plaza Hotel in New York and Harrods in London, The Market, featuring an enticing array of eateries and a handsome central bar, has redefined the region’s gastronomic “food hall” experience. The spacious 15,000-square-meter facility, built at a cost of $5.5 million USD and designed by Jeffrey Beers International, offers open communal seating for more than 450 diners of all ages.
The space was completely remodeled “to provide more eclectic dining options for our hotel guests,” said Enrique Gandara, Pueblo Bonito’s V.P. of Sales and Marketing. He added that guest patronage of the food hall has far exceeded expectations, with more than 2,000 diners passing through The Market per day during the holidays.
The Market welcomes Pueblo Bonito resort guests to enjoy its array of food and beverage options with their all-inclusive plans. Only the chocolate shop is not included in the all-inclusive program.
“Everyone loves the new food hall,” Gandara stated. The Market’s open-floor complex, designed to please all types of palates, features several distinctive restaurants as well as a coffee shop and a bar. These include:
- 1950’s Diner – This classic American-style diner, accented by red-andchrome décor, offers hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, milkshakes, homemade desserts and excellent breakfasts.
- El Asiatico – Asian cuisine is well-represented by a wide range of dishes, from traditional miso soup and Szechuan-style shrimps to delectable dumplings and other examples of Asian street food.
- La Creperia & La Heladeria – In addition to 24 flavors of homemade ice cream and gelato, La Creperia is turning out the best crepes (sweet or savory) in Los Cabos.
- El Deli – This bustling New York-style deli features the finest hot, cold or toasted sandwiches utilizing fresh-baked breads as well as selected meats, cheeses and condiments.
- El Italiano – Homemade fresh pastas, traditional lasagna and a mouthwatering variety of brick oven pizzas are available at El Italiano, which also offers a splendid array of Italian desserts.
- La Huerta – Specializing in fresh organic foods, La Huerta (‘The Orchard’) offers top-quality salads and vegetarian entrees, from a Portobello mushroom stuffed with quinoa and ceviche to a roasted beet salad served with blue cheese, arugula and walnuts.
- El Mexicano – A wide range of Mexican dishes is available here, from traditional sopas (soups) and tacos al pastor (native to central Mexico) to chiles en nogada–poblano chilis filled with shredded meat, aromatics, fruits and spices and topped with a walnut-based cream sauce and pomegranate seeds.
- La Chocolateria – Situated near the entrance to The Market, this signature outpost artfully displays the finest-quality truffles, chocolates and macarons. Perfect for a sweet finish. Also popular as a gift.
- El Bar – The Market’s lively circular bar, featuring a 360-degree panorama of the restaurants and food stalls, offers artisanal beers, selected wines from Mexico, Italy and California, and a range of spirits (including tequila and mezcal).
- La Cafeteria – This popular gathering spot offers custom-blended international coffees (four to six different blends daily) as well as hot or cold frappes and fresh-baked muffins, cupcakes, cinnamon rolls and more
Looking ahead, Gandara said that a Sports Bar, situated on a spacious terrace adjoining The Market and the first of its kind at Pueblo Bonito, will open later this year. For more information about Pueblo Bonito Golf & Spa Resorts, visit www.pueblobonito.com.
About Pueblo Bonito Oceanfront Resorts and Spas
Pueblo Bonito Golf & Spa has eight award-winning resorts in two destinations, Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlán, all offering luxury all-inclusive options. Each of the properties has its own personality, design and ambiance, yet all share the same high level of impeccable quality and distinguished atmosphere. In Cabo San Lucas, the adults-only Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal setting for a romantic getaway, while Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, with its large, all ocean-view suites, is perfect for families. Pueblo Bonito Rosé Resort & Spa and Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos, both located on El Médano beach, have the best to offer vacationers looking to be right in the middle of all the Cabo action. In Mazatlán, the elegant jewel Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay Resort & Spa overlooks the Pacific Ocean and a private beach, while the charming Pueblo Bonito Mazatlán, is located in the famous Golden Zone. Both resorts are great for family vacations and romantic getaways. For more information visit www.pueblobonito.com, find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pueblobonitoresort and follow us on Twitter @PuebloBonito