Bluegreen Vacations, a leading provider of Colorful Places to Play, has announced its Missouri resort, Bluegreen Wilderness Club at Big Cedar was presented the City of Branson’s 2011 Green Initiative award for its eco-friendly practices. Bluegreen Corporation is honored and proud to receive the award.
While Bluegreen Wilderness Club is decidedly focused on rustic luxury, with 18 Concierge and Presidential villas, slate and hardwood floors, flat-screen TVs, exquisite fireplaces, stainless steel appliances and soft, comfortable and inviting furniture and bedding; it is also diligent about remaining energy conscious and eco-friendly.
Bluegreen Wilderness Club is also diligent about the following:[member]
- Landscaping practices to reduce use of water and fertilizer to guard against runoff into Table Rock Lake, and to recycle organic materials into the soil by composting and mulching
- The living ‘green’ roof at Indian Creek Swimming pool Pump House and the emphasis on sustainability throughout the newly constructed Indian Creek Lodge
- Recognition by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources Certified Green Lodging Program
- Participating Property, “Clean the World” Program to recycle soap products for distribution to needy, third-world countries to provide sanitizing cleansers to combat infection transmission and to reduce the impact of these cleaning products on our landfills and groundwater
- Encouragement to all guests to participate in our resort-wide commitment to recycling by providing convenient containers for collecting recyclable materials
- The resort’s recycling programs divert and transport an estimated 128.5 tons of recylcable material that would otherwise be sent to a landfill
- Use of energy efficient and solar lighting fixtures where practicable
- Use of water/energy conserving fixtures where practicable
These aspects of the resort’s green culture were recognized by the City of Branson during the 2011 Green Initiative award ceremony.
“We are honored to receive this award, as we believe instilling a culture of environmental respect and sustainability is an important part of living and working in The Ozarks,” explains Howard Kitchen, General Manager of Wilderness Club at Big Cedar. “As a Bluegreen Corporation resort, we are proud to represent the timeshare industry with a positive, environmentally friendly award.”[/member]
GNEX CONFERENCE - THE GLOBAL MEETING OF MINDS
Don't miss our next timeshare industry leader event
at the Ritz Carlton Sarasota, Florida, USA from 9-12 February 2014.
HURRY BOOK NOW FOR HUGE SAVINGS
ON ATTENDANCE & ACCOMMODATION!