New signing marks the fourth Hotel Indigo® in London and the 11th in the UK
Criterion Capital adds another hotel to its growing Central London portfolio
July 14, 2017 – InterContinental Hotels Group® (IHG), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, has announced the signing of Hotel Indigo® London – One Leicester Square. The hotel marks IHG’s fourth Hotel Indigo property in London and the 11th in the UK.
Due to open in late 2017, the hotel is based in one of London’s busiest cultural hubs. Leicester Square is a melting pot for all things cinematic and theatrical at the heart of London’s West End, and this will be reflected in the hotel’s art deco design.
Hotel Indigo London – One Leicester Square will have 95 guest rooms, a rooftop bar and restaurant, where guests will be able to take full advantage of the amazing views of central London. Other facilities will include a gym and meeting rooms.
The hotel will operate under a franchise agreement with Criterion Capital.
Andrew Shaw, Associate Vice President of Development UK&I, IHG commented: “We are really excited to be opening another Hotel Indigo property in London, especially in such an iconic location. Leicester Square boats such a vibrant atmosphere and is a huge drawcard for theatre lovers and cinema goers. Hotel Indigo London – One Leicester Square will be a highly valuable addition to the Hotel Indigo brand family and we look forward to working with Criterion Capital on this exciting project.”
Michael North, Head of Hotels, Criterion Capital commented: “We are pleased to be opening our first Hotel Indigo hotel with IHG later this year. It was important for us to partner with an operator that could offer us such a strong brand, and Leicester Square has its own personality and neighbourhood story, which is why Hotel Indigo is the perfect fit for the area.”
Hotel Indigo is one of IHG’s boutique brands with 75 hotels (9,214 rooms) open and 76 hotels (10,437) in the global pipeline. The brand has grown rapidly since its launch in 2004 and continues to be a strong growth vehicle for IHG with a strategy focused on growing in top tier priority markets in desirable urban centres and established destinations. Boutique is the fastest growing segment in the hotel industry and since Q3 2016 alone, IHG has signed eight Hotel Indigo properties across Europe.
There are currently 21 Hotel Indigo hotels open and 18 in the pipeline across Europe.
Additional signings include:
- Hotel Indigo® Milan – Corso Monforte, due to open in early 2018, this 55- guest room converted historic palace is situated in the city centre and will operate under a franchise agreement with Finalba Seconda Srl.
- Hotel Indigo® Dundee, due to open in mid-2018, the hotel will operate under a franchise agreement with Lower Dens Hotel Services (Dundee) Limited. This 96-room property will be the owner’s first IHG branded hotel.
- Hotel Indigo® Frankfurt: One of the largest Hotel Indigo properties in Europe, this 236-guest room property is due to open in early 2019. Located in the heart of the financial district this property will be ideal for business travellers and will operate under a franchise agreement with GERCH Frankfurt Mainzer Landstraße Investitions GmbH.
- Hotel Indigo® Manchester – Victoria Station was signed under a franchised agreement with UBH Manchester Limited and is due to open in early 2019. The 187-guest room property is situated adjacent to Manchester Victoria Station, making the perfect location for both business and leisure travellers.
- Hotel Indigo® The Hague – Royal Palace will operate under a franchise agreement with BHG Randstad IBV and be the owners eighth IHG brand in their portfolio. The 63-room converted historic property located on one of the best known and most prestigious shopping avenues.
- As part of the MDA agreement with Tristar GmbH, Hotel Indigo® Dresden – Wettiner Platz is due to open in late 2018 and will operate under a franchise agreement. The 132 roomed property is perfectly located in centre of Dresden and the design will mimic the music neighbourhood where it sits.
- Due to open in later 2018, Hotel Indigo® Manchester – Piccadilly Gardens will operate under a franchise agreement with Cairn Hotel Group and will house 139 rooms
- The 45-guest room Hotel Indigo® Belgrade is set to open in late 2019 and will operate under a managed agreement with Profileon Plus d.o. The hotel is located in the heart of the city centre amidst the main shopping area and local restaurants and bars.
Hotel Indigo® Warsaw – Nowy Swiat opened in May this year and Hotel Indigo® The Hague – Royal Palace and Hotel Indigo® London – Aldgate are due to open later this year.