Jon Zwickel, President and CEO of the Canadian Vacation Ownership Association (CVOA) announced during the organization’s annual conference, VO-Con ‘18,, that he will step down from his position as President and CEO of the Association, effective at year end. His exit from leadership ended quickly as he stepped up to accept the role as CVOA Board Chair, replacing Francis Taylor Managing Director of DAE. The Volunteer position will commence in January 2019.
Although Zwickel’s primary focus will be on expanding InnVentures, his hotel and resort consulting practice, in his new CVOA role, he and the CVOA Board have established a workable succession plan that will ensure the association’s continued growth, impact and relevancy. The plan included InnVentures becoming a CVOA member.
“CVOA is a strong organization representing both Hospitality Industry Developers and Suppliers,” said Zwickel. “I’m proud of the strides we’ve made to forge industry alliances, increase government advocacy, rebranding the organization and staying on the cutting edge as thought leaders in the vacation ownership arena. I look forward to working with my fellow board members as we move forward into 2019.”
CVOA Board Members are:
- InnVentures Hospitality Corp. – Jon Zwickel – Director, Chair
- Gardiner Roberts LLP – Will Lambert – Secretary
- LaTour Hotels & Resorts – Jeremy Moser – Director, Vice Chair
- Association of Vacation Owners – Greg Crist
- Wyndham Vacation Ownership, Inc. – Gord Minor – Director
- Cottages at Port Stanton Inc. – Dianne Hounsome – Director
- Whistler Vacation Club at Twin Peaks – Marlene Scott – Director
- Diamond Resorts Canada Ltd. – Robert Reyes – Director
- Unlimited Vacation Club – Don Eastvold – Director
- Perspective Group – Paul Mattimoe – Director
- Vacation SafeGuard – Duane Lee – Director
CVOA is Canada’s only association dedicated to representing the interests of the vacation ownership, timeshare and resort development industries. Since its founding in 1980, the organization has become Canada’s preeminent industry association representing all forms of vacation ownership. CVOA membership is a community of active industry leaders committed to promoting and maintaining a high standard of ethical conduct within the Canadian vacation ownership industry, creating B-2-B and networking opportunities between Members, and educating consumers as to the benefits of vacation ownership. For more information, please visit www.CanadianVOA.org